Thursday, October 24, 2013

Apartment Update and Stir Fry!

Hi Guys!

Sorry my posts are so few and far between!  Classes, homework and apartment life are taking more of my time then I thought they would!

I have a few posts planned (Sweet Cheeks BBQ in Fenway, and a few Apartment Recipes) that I hope to get to soon.  In the meantime, I wanted to tell you that I tried cooking stir fry!

I followed the recipe by The Pioneer Woman for Beef with Snow Peas.  

Since I hadn't made stir fry before I tried to follow this recipe as closely as possible; which meant I only added garlic to the sauce and some broccoli to the stir fry!  And since I don't have sherry, I also used just a small amount of vegetable broth in its place.  

It was fantastic!  I followed the recipe and cooked the snow peas first, in a pan that was "hotter than Hades".  The peas fried and popped and looked more like fried shishito peppers than peas; but that was fine by me!
Shishito peppers courtesy of http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/diaryofafoodie/2008/01/shishitopeppers
I cut up the flank steak while the pan heated, and when I threw it on the frying pan it started popping and bubbling furiously!    When I finally finished cooking the meat and had added all the vegetables and leftover sauce to the pan, I cooked some rice and ate right away!  

Even though I used small portions of beef, broccoli and peas, I had enough for 2+ meals!

The final product!


Besides having to avoid some hot oil and the mess that my short pan caused, this meal was easy and quick!  Not to mention delicious!   It was so good I made it again with chicken!  
And carrots...and more broccoli...and more garlic...and more snow peas....

I tip my hat to The Pioneer Woman on a delightful recipe!

3 comments: